At about the same time as the dotcom bubble burst in Sweden in July 2001, Johan Thyblad, Anders Tholén and Carl Tivelius founded a consulting firm with focus on system integration. All three of the founders had about 10 years of experience in the industry, for example in IT, process and consulting operations. With a common palette of experience that spanned areas such as business start up, complex system sales, project management and system integration, newly founded Ferrologic had a solid foundation on which to stand. Ferrologic is still owned by the three founders and a small number of key individuals. Milestones in Ferrologic’s history:
- July 2001: Ferrologic founded
- September 2001: First customer in system integration (Belgium)
- October 2002: Breakthrough in Sweden – contract with a global furniture company
- April 2003: Official webMethods Service Partner (from 2007 Software AG)
- 2004: Several new, large customers in industries as diverse as paper, energy and steel, and the retail grocery sector
- September 2005: Ferrologic Belgium founded
- June 2006: Official Oracle Service Partner
- September 2006: Ferrologic’s Helsingborg office opened
- February 2007: Ferrologic’s Gothenburg office opened
- November 2007: Ferrologic signs its first framework agreement after a public procurement
- March 2008: Enterprise Design business area established
- November 2008: Ferrologic moves its headquarters in Stockholm to new premises in the Old Town (Gamla stan).
- June 2011: Business Intelligence business area established
- November 2011: Ferrologic celebrates its 10th anniversary.
- March 2013: First major outsourcing deal in Business Integration