Situation and challenges
The Internet of Things is born through the connection of Things, People and Systems. Internet of things is a way to leverage the possibility to connect devices, collect data and create business value of the information through analytics and visualization.
The business value looked after lies commonly within the following areas:
– Lower cost of products and services – increase efficiencies, preventive maintenance and asset optimization
– Engage customers – new customer services, better customer services and increase customer retention
– Increase sales in new ways – new business models, “assets as a service” and staying competitive
Required skills – problems with IoT implementation
Common challenges for most IoT initiatives and rolls outs are how to:
– create IoT solutions to make products smarter and with higher-value services
– deliver value of IoT solutions quickly i.e. to start small and scale in iterations
– balance risk and innovation i.e. how to leverage new technologies but still stay open and flexible
– benefit from best practice, IoT methodology and proven tools
What is a structurally correct IoT approach?
IoT requires a multi-disciplinary approach since IoT embrace both IT and business. We at Ferrologic help our customers with services in several important areas.
– Business Design och Innovation
– Information architecture
– Process and service design
– Data science, AI och Machine learning
– Visual analytics
– Information governance
– Connected solutions
– API and IoT architecture
– Hybrid and cloud integration
– Connected business strategy
– Master data management
IoT solutions and IoT business covers areas like device management, edge analytics, connectivity, cloud IoT applications, integrations and enterprise applications as well as core and supporting business processes, bundling of IoT services with existing services and pricing.
We have done this before?
We have helped a number of clients with IoT services. A few examples are:
– Manufacturing company want to scale their IoT business and need a new way of working internally i.e. adaption of their core and supporting processes to include new IoT services
– Energy company that want to analyze temperature metering data and combine this with weather data and property specific data to be able to act on measurement deviations
– Manufacturing company that needs an IoT architecture roadmap in order to scale their IoT offering on the market.