Why is the service necessary and for whom is it intended?
Information is the key ingredient in all decisions. Regardless of the business area, it is important to collect, understand and analyze information in order to design the best possible plan for operations. Consequently, the information upon which analyses are based must maintain a high level of quality – which means being correct, up-to-date and complete. Our target group for this service is made up of the individuals who are responsible for information at the company.
What can we achieve and what are our focus areas?
Ferrologic has wide-ranging knowledge on information management in the majority of the areas it can be applied. Focus areas include:
- Consolidation of information – where should information be placed to prevent it from being spread out in several locations
- Information modeling – how should information be grouped and named, and are we in agreement about this?
- Data scrubbing– is the information correct or does it contain inaccuracies?
- Main data management, MDM – it is especially important for central information that is used throughout the entire business to be consistently kept integrated, up-to-date and synchronized.
- Work routines – what is the best way to work with information management, where is responsibility and who does what and how often? Ferrologic uses different methods and tools in information management.
How do we work?
The main activities in information management include:
- Ascertaining what information is prioritized
- Identifying information objects
- Information modeling
- Analysis – where is the data, what condition is it in, who should be the owner, where should it be updated
- Action plan including technical improvement, work routines and roles
- Implementation of change, both technical and organizational